Wednesday, June 8, 2011






I know most of you lucky teachers are already done for the summer but I thought I would share this idea. This is my summer writing journal that I make for students. The best part is it is free! I have the parents send in empty fun cereal boxes. Make sure to write in the notes to the parents about them being fun and having cartoons on it. Then I just cut them so that you just have the front of the box and the back of the box for the front cover and back cover. I bind them together or you can staple them. The best boxes to ask for are the family size or extra cereal. If you get the smaller boxes I just put it on card stock or construction paper. If you give parents enough time you will get the ones you want and enough! Inside I attached their blends chart, things to write about sheet, word families, and abc chart. Also, I put a list of things that they can write about in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment